Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time flies

While home from work yesterday I had the opportunity to do a lot of reflecting on the last few months.  While scouring through a variety of thoughts, it hit me; Joey will be six months old in a matter of days!

I cannot believe how fast six months has gone and how much our lives have changed in such a short period of time...

With the arrival of Joey came so many of life's huge realizations.  I believe I have a better understanding of why we are here and what unconditional love really is.  The love for my partner has been reaffirmed and I believe the last six months have laid the foundation for many many years to come.  Through all our bickering and all our hours of desperation, I have come to truly believe Joey was meant for Rick and myself, and this is exactly where we are supposed to be.  Its crazy how such a tiny person can reaffirm so many of life's huge things.

Then I got to thinking....I need to make a better effort of appreciating this little being, and his big being father, for what they are.  Sometimes, though, when you're stuck in a rut and the routine is the same day after day, it's really easy to become complacent.  For some reason its always easier for me to think of the negative then to stop and smell the roses and just be thankful. 

My men are difficult, they are smelly and they test every fiber of my being, but they are mine.  And I appreciate them for all that they are and all that they do for me.

So, in honor of Joey's impending six month milestone, I thought I would share some pictures from the day he was born.  His Grammie Caroline took these hours after he was born.  It's so crazy to see him so tiny and so new.  The tiny burrito has come a long way in six months....

Enjoy....











No comments:

Post a Comment