I think I've done a pretty good job of making my child sound miserable, so I thought I would let you guys in on what makes my child so amazing. Yes, he is amazing. Here are a few things that I LOVE about my baby.
1. I love our morning conversations. Joey is an extremely talkative child and I love that he has so much to say and isn't scared to tell us about it. I equally love that because its all jibberish to us, I don't know if he's telling me I look fat, or that I'm pissing him off...I just believe he is telling me how awesome and pretty I am.
2. I love that he is a gentle little being that just wants to be loved. A lot like his father in this respect. Very large and doesn't quite know how his awkward size makes cuddling almost impossible. But, when that baby wants a hug, or wants to be loved, he wants is and he gives in and lets his weight sink into you. Best feeling ever.
3. My baby farts. A LOT. Him and his father could go toe to toe. I didn't know baby farts could stink as bad as they do, but I find it pretty hilarious and almost precious. Its kind of interesting that the first real things they do that prove they are human is smile and fart.
4. There is something about just looking at this little creature knowing you made it. Every little body part and nuance about this baby was made by you. I love that. I love that something so innocent and perfect is the product of mine and Ricks love for each other.
5. Joey + mirror = pure comedy. The kid loves his own face. He tilts his head to the side, smiles and checks himself out and laughs. He is literally obsessed with himself. I can't quite figure out if he just thinks he is really good looking, or if he thinks he is talking to another baby. Either way, its funny and ridiculously cute.
There's tons of stuff that this little thing does on a daily basis that drive me up the wall....he is only 5 months old and he is a handful. But, there are tons of other special moments that remind me why we are doing this. There is a sweet man inside this tiny little guy and he absolutely melts my heart. He's lucky too, being cute at the exact moment I have wanted to throw him, has probably saved his ass a time or two. Kidding. But its like he knows that he has pushed me really really far and then he will do the cutest thing and we'll laugh together.
Here's a video of one of our morning convo's when Daddy was in Hawaii. How could you not love his face right off! And, yes, that is my attention starved dog waiting for love. Like always.