Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hallelujah Praise Jesus

With the mind bending exhaustion of a teething baby with acid reflux, I have failed to mention a HUGE milestone in our household.

Please, let me be the first to sing from a mountain top, my child, Joseph, is........wait for it.....SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT.  I shit you not.


I would also like to announce that this miraculous turn of events is totally all because of me (Duh).  I became a militant mommy one night and after a 12 am feeding, and I did the unthinkable, I put him back in his crib.  Shocking, I know.  Not so much to the average person, but for us, this was as foreign a concept as the Chinese stock market.  I don't know what we thought would happen to him if we put him back in there.  I go right to the, I think he will stop breathing and die thing....but really, the worst that could have happened is we would have been met with the haunting face of sad panda and a fountain of tears, which is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

So, that one night, after his midnight feeding, I put that sucker back in his crib and walked away.  I walked away!!!  I was so exhausted and so over our current 4-5 times a night wake up that I didn't care anymore.  He was going to lay in that damn crib and he was going to go to sleep.  He probably blinked for a while and most likely had a few things to say (he's very talkative).  But he didn't cry and he eventually went to sleep.  It was bedtime and thats where he stayed.

He has been sleeping through the night ever since.

Now our schedule is 9 or 9:30 bedtime and 5 am wake up.  Happy HAPPY parent panda bears.




No comments:

Post a Comment