Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mayonnaise, Syrup, PEAS!

Mmmmm solid foods. Me vs. the world, everyone in my world that is.

The way my mom has approached it, I think she will only be satisfied when she sees Joey chewing on a french fry or face first into a tub of mayonnaise. Case in point, her dipping her finger in chicken salad, aka mayonnaise, and giving him a taste. To make matters worse, Rick, darling, dipped his finger in SYRUP this Sunday to give Joey a taste.

Ok, I don't want to be the crunchy granola mother that only allows her kid to eat farm raised, lullaby sung, pet 5 times a day clockwise food, but common, mayonnaise and syrup!!

Learning to take control of situations like this is hard. I have Rick sneaking straight sugar to him on a random Sunday morning, and my mom not so sneakily shoving mayonnaise in his mouth.

Rick and I have spoken and we have decided, as parents to begin our solid food journey with vegetables. Like it or not, that is what we have decided. So, last night was peas, he had green beans last week and LOVED them, but let me tell you, Joey is just like his momma...peas went over like a fart in church.

I like that Rick and I are discussing these things as parents and moving forward in a way that we both agree. I wanted to murder him after the syrup thing but I am happy, in a way, that it happened because we were able to talk about why I didn't like that and what we would do from now on.

I don't know how we are going to tackle my mother though....

No comments:

Post a Comment