Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Well Child aka confirmation of Monsterness

We had the joy of our 4 month Well Child exam.  It was actually kind of a joy because the nurse and doctor haven't seen him since he was 2 months old and its always fun to see people's reactions after they haven't seen Joey in a while.  They, like everyone, were shocked at his size and absolutely adored him.  The nurse only has granddaughters and said she would love a grandson to cuddle....I told her she could totally borrow him between the hours of 8 at night and 6 in the morning. 

I promise I will stop trying to give my son away at some point, and I am only kidding....halfway, she could totally borrow him, just not overnight. 

We learned a few things, one, he is normal....well kind of.  He is in the 98th percentile for height (not shocked), and normal weight, 70th percentile.  His package looks good, the doctor even remarked about its awesomeness (I'm totally not kidding).  He is developing as he should and couldn't really tell us if he was teething or not.  He informed us all about vaccines and went on a tangent about Polio.  At that point I had checked out because Joey was trying to rip his diaper off and was testing his vocal chords.

We ended the exam with a new prescription for acid reflux that hopefully won't cause diarrhea.  Apparently its the real deal because the pharmacist has to "compound" it and it won't be ready till Monday.  Don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty legit.  So, hopefully it works.  Dr. said he used the same meds on his son and after the second day of him being on it, him and his wife sat on the couch together and exhaled a sigh of relief...he promised me the same sigh.  I will show up at his house and make him pay up if that sigh doesn't happen. 

What really made my day was the doctor sort of asking for Joey to stay his patient.  We saw this doctor today and the time before because Joey's regular pediatrician was all booked.  Its so amazing to see this doctor totally take interest in Joey and have him reassure me a million times that I am doing great and we are great parents and Joey is normal.  So, I think we will stick with this doctor.  He is technically a family practice doc so I think this is the rare infant that comes through his door.  But, he has two small sons of his own and seems to really enjoy mine, even calls him "pumpkin," so I think he's earned a spot in our lives permanently.  Oh, and he's hot.  Rick agrees, so we're all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment