Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things on our mind lately

We've been so busy and haven't had time for much of anything, but we have had some stuff on our minds.  Here are our main concerns/happenings as of late at the Callahan/Armon household...

1.  Will this baby ever sprout a tooth.  We've been teething for 3 and a half months.  We literally can SEE the teeth under his gums.  We can feel them and he chomps, sucks, bites, drools and rubs his ear constantly.  Still nothing.  Our furthest progressing tooth is his bottom left.  I see the tiny poke poking through but nothing fully.  I swear he is going to wake up one day with a full set. 

2.  Goat's milk is freaking expensive.  We went to the farm, which, by the way, is a real deal farm.  Mud, smells, bugs, messiness....I didn't want to get out of the car.  Almost didn't in fact.  But Rick said "this is an adventure," and I proceeded with caution.  Once we got down this long driveway of sketchy camper trailers and a barking dog and a cat chasing a field mouse (see! real deal farm), we get to the milk cooler, complete with a jar for your mullah, honor system baby.  Turns out fresh goat's milk is 8 dollars a half gallon.  Meaning, 16 dollars a gallon.  Which, is outrageously expensive.  Joe drinks wayyyyyy too much to keep up on that.  So, we're stumped....still on the search for a viable and healthy option that won't bankrupt us...

3.  Walking is looming dangerously close over our heads.  No explaination needed here, this is going to suck.

4.  WHAT THE MOTHER LOVING CHRIST is up with this sleep strike Joe is on.  I've googled everything and tried a million different techniques, tactics, choke holds....etc, just to figure this out and get this kid to sleep.  No baby goes to bed at 11 every night after not taking a nap all day.  That's insanity, that's MY baby.  He will literally take an hour morning nap at daycare and then up alllllllll day and night until 10:30 or 11 o'clock.  You can see he is tired but he refuses to go to sleep.  Rick has called for putting him in his bed and closing the door and seeing what happens.  That makes me cringe. 

5.  We officially put the deposit down on Joe's new daycare.  Now we have to come up with a good way to break up with our current daycare lady.  And obviously do it closer to the departure date so she doesn't put my kid in a cage and feed him bread and water.  I was never good at breaking up with people, so I'll make Rick handle this one. 

So, of course there are tons more things on our plates, but this is the main chunk of it.  We've been SO busy these weekends and will be through the end of August.  I love it but it is exhausting.  I'll try and do a better job of documenting all of the fun stuff. 

Like this....Joe v. Kiwi....(Rick took the video...sideways....palm to forhead)

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on blog reading (can't believe how far behind I am!) and just watched the Joe vs. Kiwi video. I've never been so glad that I work from home- because I just busted out laughing. The cats (my "coworkers") think I'm a maniac, but that reaction was comic gold.

    ReplyDelete