Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Just like that one asshole I used to date....

I've figured it out.

Babies are like the relationship that involved your first love.  The one where the guy was a complete asshole and you fell head over heals in love.  The one where you wished you could spend every waking moment with them and then when you were together it was pure torture cause he was a raving lunatic that didn't give two shits about you.

Yup, babies are just like that.

I miss Joey all day.  I talk about all the cute things he is doing, how much I miss his cute little face and how I can't wait to get home and play with him.

Then we come home.

And its hell.

From the moment I pick him up at daycare to the moment we finally get him to bed, and then the middle of the night, it is torturous.  I don't understand what is going on.  I will even walk in to daycare and witness him being completely normal and playing with toys and kids, but at home we aren't allowed to put him down and he screams and cries THE ENTIRE TIME we aren't holding him. 

Then there is our new middle of the night routine. 

Bed at 8, screaming crying at around 1 or 2 and demanding to be near us and out of his crib, then we sleep on the floor with him or bring him into bed and the other parent goes and sleeps on the couch.

This is the definition of insanity.

What the hell happened to Joey.  

We are doing the thing where we are trying to "figure out" what the hell is up, because this isn't normal.  Even for psycho Joey this isn't normal.  This is a new level of psychotic that I didn't even know was possible in a one year old.

Molars maybe?

Growing?

Just an asshole that doesn't give two shits about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment