Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Bah Humbug

This will be Joey's 2nd Christmas. 

The first Christmas didn't really count because he was only a month and a half old.  I don't even think anyone bothered to get him a present.  It was basically go to our families houses so they could all hold him and get their baby fix in. 

He is now one.  Which, in all reality, isn't much different from a year ago.  Besides the noise and destruction thing, he is basically the same.  He has no idea what is going on, can't really partake in Christmas treats and has no idea what a present is. 

So, I didn't anticipate this Christmas being any different from the last one.  I thought I had one more year left to be my usual scrooge self.  I thought we could avoid the whole Christmas tree and decorating the house thing.  He will NEVER know that we didn't decorate or make cookies or have a tree for his 2nd Christmas on planet Earth.  We will have to be all Christmasy for him for at least the next 10 years....couldn't I just have one more year!!?

Unfortunately, for me, I just so happen to procreate with the jolliest person ever who refuses to let us act like Christmas doesn't exist. 

There is a tree. 

There are lights. 

There were Christmas cookies baked AND Christmas music playing in my house this weekend, AND we attended a Christmas program at Joey's daycare. 

Christmas wins.

Bah Humbug!


Please also note the lit up mantle.  It's Santa's street. 


Ugliest decorations of all time.


Did you know there is such a thing as COLORED icicle lights?!  Rick demanded color.


These stayed on for 2.5 seconds. 



"Singing" Jingle Bells...more like chewing on the bell while someone sings for you.


I only got the tail end of the performance.  Joey was supposed to ring a bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment