Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Pee pee

Potty training. 

Probably every parents nightmare...or at the very least something they dread from the get go.  I know for me, the sheer mention of the term makes the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.  And I also know I've been worrying about it and trying to plan for the impending doom since Joey was about 5 months old. 

I'm not that big a fan of pee and poop any place but in a diaper or toilet. Quite frankly, I don't want to deal with the in between stage.  I don't want to deal with the guaranteed 371 "accidents."  The thought of all the laundry and embarrassment (for him and me) and just the grossness of it all makes me nuts.

I want it to just happen.  I also know that is never ever ever going to happen.  (another solid argument for the "lets just have one kid" debate).

Luckily Joey's daycare doesn't give a shit about what I want and has started putting him on the potty every 2 hours.  And, shockingly (or not so shockingly, because he is a freaking genius), he goes.  Only pee pee for now, but that pee pee is pee pee that doesn't waste a diaper. 

I can of course try and tie this back to all the times I would sit him on the potty and make funny high pitched "go potty!" noises at him.  But I am not any where near consistent enough with that to take any sort of credit. 

It's daycare and the repetition.  Damn it.  It's the routine they have him on and the association they make to the pee pee and the potty and what all that business is about. 

So I guess what this means is, whether I like it or not, potty training is slapping me across the face.  Joey seems ready.  He kinda gets it.  I just wish I could psych myself up for it.  But how do you get psyched for every hour take the diaper off, sit on potty, make funny noises, get excited, clap, give m&m, wave bye bye to potty and wash hands!?  EVERY HOUR!!

Suck it up, right.  Stop bitching and be thankful, right!?

Right.

BUT THE LAUNDRY!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment